OSHAWA – As of Thursday, September 17, Donevan Recreation Complex Arena and Harman Park Arena will open for limited use and access.
The City’s top priority remains the safety and health of our community members and staff. We are using a phased approach to reopening, while ensuring compliance with Provincial emergency orders and Durham Region Health guidelines.
Arena facilities and bookings
Arenas at Donevan Recreation Complex and Harman Park Arena are available for ice rentals as of Thursday, September 17, with hours as noted below:
- Donevan Recreation Complex Arena: Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Harman Park Arena: Monday to Friday from 4:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Donevan Recreation Complex Arena is sponsored by Midway Nissan and Harman Park Arena is sponsored by Ontario Hyundai.
To book ice at Delpark Homes Centre, Donevan Recreation Complex or Harman Park Arena, please contact the Facility Booking Office. Additionally, ice is available at the Tribute Communities Centre for on-ice instruction to specific sport affiliations and organizations.
Leisure skating will be reintroduced on Monday, September 21 at Donevan Recreation Complex Arena, sponsored by Midway Nissan, and on Friday, October 16 at Harman Park Arena, sponsored by Ontario Hyundai. Both facilities will be offering leisure skating with limited capacity. For more information about leisure skating schedules, fees, and descriptions visit www.Oshawa.ca/Skate.
At this time, attending a leisure skate is by appointment only in order to ensure health and safety protocols. Community members who would like to book an appointment are asked to register at Register.Oshawa.ca or call 905-436-3311. For more information, visit www.Oshawa.ca/ReopeningRecreation.
City recreation facilities
The following City recreation facilities are open for limited use by appointment only:
- Civic Recreation Complex: Monday to Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Delpark Homes Centre: Monday to Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Donevan Recreation Complex: Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Northview Community Centre: Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- South Oshawa Community Centre: Monday to Sunday from 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Public health protocols are in place in City recreation facilities, including screening upon entry and plexiglass barriers installed at front counters.
Community members are asked to:
- Enter and exit facilities through the designated locations, please visit www.Oshawa.ca/ReopeningRecreation for additional information related to facility entrance and exit points.
- Queue outside of the recreation facility to visit the designated screening area, respond to screening questions and provide contact information
- Wear a mask or face covering (with the exception of those who have health, respiratory and sensory issues, various disabilities; are unable to remove the mask without assistance; and, children under the age of two)
- Maintain physical distancing from others and adhere to physical distancing markers
- Follow directional arrows located on the floor
- Use hand sanitizer when entering and exiting the building
- Sign out when exiting the building
The City’s Pandemic Steering Committee continues to meet regularly on the gradual reopening of the city. City staff are conducting a thorough assessment of operational requirements. This includes ensuring compliance in a manner that mitigates risk and follows the medical advice of the Province and the Region.
The City continues to post updates to its webpage at www.Oshawa.ca/Coronavirus. Visit the webpage for the latest updates on changes to services and programs, as well as frequently asked questions and resources.