The Greater Oshawa Chamber of Commerce will certify documents for both members and non-members as an essential trade service. Document certification is primarily for the confirmation of the origin of goods and is a requirement of many countries before goods are allowed into their country. Please note that an ATA Carnet can only be issued by the Canadian Chamber of Commerce. An ATA Carnet simplifies customs procedures and allows users to make customs arrangements in advance while using a single document for many countries. It acts as a passport for goods and assist in the temporary importation of goods, free of duties and taxes.
Documents Certified by the Greater Oshawa Chamber of Commerce
Certification Requirements for all Documents
For reasons of liability, all documents presented to the Greater Oshawa Chamber must be notarized before they can be certified. The notarization process can be costly and time consuming. An alternative to notarizing individual documents is through a Letter of Waiver. If a notarized Letter of Waiver for your company is presented to, or on file with, the Chamber, no additional documents to be certified by the Chamber need to be notarize. Please use the appropriate form below:
In addition to document notarization, the Chamber also requires a duly notarized copy of your organization’s business registration (describing your operations) with the Federal or Provincial Government, with confirmation of annual business license renewal. Please use this form:
Documents must meet the following requirements before they can be certified by the Greater Oshawa Chamber of Commerce:
- The original document has been duly signed by an authorized representative and notarized (if no Letter of Waiver on file).
- If a notarized Letter of Waiver for your company is presented or on file with the Greater Oshawa Chamber of Commerce, no documents to be certified by the Chamber need to be notarized.
- Documents must be issued by a Canadian company.
- Documents must be accompanied by the proper background documentation.
- Documents must be accompanied by proof of business registration.
- Documents must be issued using one of the Chamber templates.
- An appointment has been made with the Chamber.
- The required fees have been paid.
- Members: no fee, included in your cost of membership
- Non-members: $50.00 (for 1-10 pages). Forms of acceptable payment: Cash, Interact Debit, Visa, Mastercard, American Express
All other documents, except those listed below under Documents not Certified, will be handled on a case by case basis.
Appointments are not necessary. Office hours for document certification are Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Documents not Certified
The Chamber cannot certify the following (not an all-inclusive list):
- ATA Carnet (can only be issued by the Canadian Chamber of Commerce;
- Certificates of Origin relating to international trade agreements, such as NAFTA;
- Certificates of Value (can be obtained from freight forwarders);
- Certificates of Composition or Analysis (weights/materials, etc.);
- Certificates of Insurance;
- Certificates of Fumigation;
- Certificates of Free Sale;
- Confirmation of Price Lists;
- Documents issued by the federal or provincial governments;
- Documents issued by foreign entities (government, company, etc);
- Documents with references to quality or human consumption;
- Letters of invitation (entry into Canada);
- Personal documents (marriage/death certificates, divorce papers, etc.);
- Documents with boycott clauses or inferring boycotting; and
- Documents issued in a foreign language.