If your organization has been thinking of doing some renovations to improve accessibility, HRSDC has funding available under the “Enabling Change” fund for up to $50,000. Click more to view the list of organizations that can apply and a list of the eligible activities. The deadline for applications is October 5, 2012. For further information select Small Projects – Enabling Accessibility Fund .
Below is the list of organizations that can apply:
· not-for-profit organizations;
· small municipalities (with populations under 250 000 according to census data);
· small private-sector organizations (fewer than 50 employees and under $5 million in gross revenue per year);
· colleges and universities;
· territorial governments; and
· Aboriginal governments.
Below is a list of the eligible activities:
· constructing an interior or exterior ramp;
· installing wider doors or installing automated door openers;
· raising or lowering sinks and/or counters;
· improving lighting and increasing colour contrast;
· building an accessible washroom;
· installing accessible door handles and light switches;
· installing an elevator or lift;
· providing computer enhancements such as interactive speech capability;
· installing a wheelchair lift on a community-based vehicle; and
· any other activities that contribute to creating or enhancing accessibility for people with disabilities and that are deemed acceptable by HRSDC.
The deadline for applications is October 5, 2012. For further information select Small Projects – Enabling Accessibility Fund .