OSHAWA – Two information sessions are being held in the coming weeks for candidates registered for the 2018 Municipal and School Board Elections.
The first session, a Candidate Finance Information Session, will be hosted 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, August 21 in Brooklin by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing. The Session will be hosted at the Brooklin Community Centre and Library in the Optimist Gym, located at 8 Vipond Road, and will cover, amongst other topics:
- new election finance rules;
- responsibilities and best practices for candidates and third party advertisers;
- financial statements and filing requirements; and,
- compliance audits.
The second session, a Candidate Information Session, will be hosted at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, September 5 in Oshawa by the City of Oshawa. The Session will be hosted at City Hall in the Committee Room, located at 50 Centre St. S., and will cover, amongst other topics:
- the role of the City Clerk;
- election sign regulations;
- election services complaints procedure;
- advance voting opportunities;
- voting opportunities for electors in seniors homes and long-term care facilities;
- voting day;
- voting procedures and vote tabulators;
- accessibility provisions;
- results reporting;
- Compliance Audit Committee; and,
- new Council orientation.
Members of the public are encouraged to attend the sessions to learn more about the election process and regulations.