OSHAWA – An online company is offering services to collect and pay property taxes on a property owner’s behalf to municipalities. Oshawa property owners are advised that the City of Oshawa has not partnered with a third-party company for tax collection. The City offers six ways for property owners to pay their tax bill:
- Sign up for our Pre-Authorized Payment Plan;
- In person at Service Oshawa (50 Centre Street South);
- By mail (cheque only);
- By external drop box located outside the main entrance on the south side of City Hall (cheque only);
- At most chartered banks and financial institutions in person, by telephone banking or online banking (subject to bank charges if applicable); or,
- Through a mortgage company; if you pay your property taxes to a mortgage company, the company submits the payment to the City on your behalf.
Property owners are encouraged to contact Service Oshawa at 905-436-3311 if approached with a payment method not listed above and report this type of incident to Durham Region Police Service at 905-579-1520.