News Release - Ministry of Economic Development and Growth
Ontario is helping aspiring entrepreneurs succeed by launching a program that offers training, mentoring and grant opportunities to start, expand or buy a small business.
Starter Company Plus provides Ontario's entrepreneurs aged 18 and older with comprehensive and targeted services to help them start and run their own business.
The program will help more entrepreneurs launch new businesses or grow existing businesses by providing:
- One-on-one guidance from a Small Business Enterprise Centre advisor
- Access to business workshops and networking events on topics from creating a business plan and budgeting to executing a marketing campaign
- Training and business skills development
- A grant up to $5,000 to kick off a new business or expand an existing business
Helping new businesses succeed is part of our plan to create jobs, grow our economy and help people in their everyday lives.
- Starter Company Plus is based on the successful Starter Company program for entrepreneurs aged 18-29. Now concluded, Starter Company resulted in the founding or expansion of 2,700 businesses and the creation of over 3,100 jobs in Ontario.
- Ontario is investing $4.5 million per year in the Starter Company Plus program.
- To participate, entrepreneurs can contact one of 56 Small Business Enterprise Centres located across the province.
For more information or to read the entire Press Release, please visit their website.