OSHAWA – The proposed 2019 City Budget is now available for public review online at www.oshawa.ca/budget. Oshawa community members now have multiple opportunities to ask questions as well as provide feedback and comment on the proposed 2019 City Budget.
Have your say, Oshawa
Members of the public are invited to have their say by:
- providing feedback on the proposed 2019 City Budget online on Connect Oshawa or on paper at Service Oshawa (located at 50 Centre. St. S.);
- participating in the Live Question & Answer session online on Connect Oshawa on Tuesday, January 15 where between 7:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. with the City’s Commissioner of Finance; and/or,
- attending the 2019 Budget Public Meeting on Thursday, January 17 in Council Chamber at City Hall where beginning at 6:30 p.m., attendees can present a delegation (to last no more than 5 minutes).
Proposed 2019 City Budget Feedback
Feedback will be received online and on paper until 4:00 p.m. Friday, February 1 and will be shared with Council and City staff as part of the 2019 City Budget process.
Live Question & Answer Session on Connect Oshawa
The live Question & Answer session on Tuesday, January 15 allows the community to ask the Commissioner of Finance questions regarding the proposed 2019 City budget. Read the list of topics and questions that will and will not be covered online.
Community members can access the live Question & Answer session by visiting www.connectoshawa.ca/budget2019. Questions can be submitted in advance of or during the event.
- Thursday, January 17, beginning at 6:30 p.m. – meeting to receive public input on the 2019 proposed budget where organizations and members of the public are welcome to present as a delegation
- Tuesday, January 22, beginning at 9:30 a.m. – Council Deliberation
- Friday, January 25, beginning at 9:30 a.m. – Council Deliberation
- Friday, February 8, beginning at 9:30 a.m. – Council Deliberation and Approval
Visit Connect Oshawa to learn more and to continue to share your feedback on the 2019 City Budget; register on Connect Oshawa to receive email notifications of new engagement opportunities. For additional information, visit our budget webpage; for the latest Budget news, follow #OshBudget on Twitter.